Sunday, May 27, 2007

Crossing State Lines


If any of you wondered what it is like to play soccer in Tacoma, feel free to ask Nathan. This weekend Nathan had a soccer tournament in Tacoma. He has been reminding us of this fact for about 3 weeks so it was no surprise come 5:30 Saturday morning that he was heading north. Rumor has it that soccer in Tacoma is very similar, if not identical, to soccer here in Portland. He actually played for the U12 team (a year older) and enjoyed himself quite a bit. Apparently he had a "beautiful" run up the field at the last game and juked his way through some opponents. In fact, I have heard the story so much that I would hate to keep the info to myself. Silliness aside, it was a great weekend for Nathan and he might have added a few feathers to his fur.

The rest of us (me, Jake, Chloe, Beck) did nothing near as spectacular as soccer in Tacoma. We perused the Lake Oswego Farmers Market and saw two friends that sell there. I have such creative and endevorous peeps! The weather was mild, albeit muggy, so we walked around LO and went by our old stomping ground then played at George Rogers Park. Beck fell asleep on our way home so we decided to attempt Shrek 3. I was secretly hoping he would remain asleep (am I dumb or what) Of course he woke up, but was a bit scared at first so he sat in my lap quite well. The last 10 minutes we had to pull out the M&M's to keep him focused, but we were all game for the bribe. For dinner we had Spaghetti and Meatballs (and a glass of cheap Merlot for mom) at home. As an added bonus to a weekend with a two year old, Beck sang song "bottle wine, bottle wine" all through Trader Joe's. I am sure those that had bottles of wine in their cart were impressed to know that the toddler in my cart knew this fact. Good times. It was a very relaxing, fun, and spontaneous Saturday and the boogie man did not make his usual faux appearance.

No comments: