Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Don't You Dare


I am not a soccer mom, nor a baseball/gymnastics/romp-n-roll/basketball/swimteam mom. If you call me any of the above you will see stink eye. Okay, so I agree I sort of *look* the part, but I assure you that I am not the part. In fact, if you are driving and see this debacle the thought "soccer mom" could in fact cross your mind in which case I will sense this and give you stink eye. Seriously folks, that is an insult. If I were indeed a soccer mom then I would be knowing a lot more about the game, the stats, chugging diet coke for the first morning game, wearing the team colors, and making other people feel uncomfortable. I suppose I would also be carrying a cooler of Capri Sun and Kudo's bars at all times. In case a soccer mom is reading this I apologize and want to be the first to let you know how much I respect your dedication. Honestly. This evening I spent 90% of Nathan's baseball game in the long jump pit while Beck played in it. The other 10% was spent chasing him around the track to tire him out, taking Chloe to the bathroom, playing catch with B, and trying not to infringe on Jake's cool factor. Oh, I did have fun in this beautiful weather and even enjoyed a few minutes talking with the other parents. Much to my surprise I even expressed how the weather would have been double header friendly. Gasp! The only reason I knew the game was over was because some mom brought out a cooler full of popsicles.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am cracking up at the picture in this post because if you click on it you can see it much bigger and I got a good look at Beck and the incredible amount of dirt that is stuck to him :-) I remember last summer when Oliver would get so incredibly dirty that there was dirt on his scalp! I love summer :-)

Kelly said...

uh oh! I didn't realize that the picture got bigger! Gross! So what you are seeing is a result of "sliding" into home base which means he tackles the dirt. There is also popsicle on his face so the dirt dust really stuck good. There was sand ALL OVER our bathroom floor afterwards. I am letting go...... :)